Pages

Friday 7 December 2012

NEWS| Joe Turvey on Fashion East's Menswear Installation A/W 13/14



It's a delight to hear that former Men's OTW designer Joseph Turvey has been selected to be a part of Fashion East's AW13 menswear installation. Known for their display of the most impressive upcoming talent, Fashion East will bring together the work of London's best menswear designers and put them under one roof in January next year. 

Turvey graduated from the London College of Fashion with a BA in Womenswear Fashion Design before studying an MA in Fashion Design Technology, where he applied his illustrative skills, love of tradition and unconventional texture to menswear. "The Ones to Watch show was such an amazing experience for me," Turvey commented on being selected. "It was the starting point of my career and I am truly grateful to the Vauxhall Fashion Scout's team for their ongoing support."

As always, we tried to get the insider scoop on Joe’s AW13/14 collection and he chatted to us exclusively:
"For AW13 I am collaborating with a very well established brand... and I am super excited to see the finished products. I have moved a lot of my production to Europe and this has opened a lot of doors to new techniques and fabrications. I really can’t wait to be a part of the Fashion East installation... the location is amazing and the other designers are very talented and I’m looking forward to being a part of it."

By Josh Walker (@josh_walker_)
Images from Fashion 156